Parking at RWTH Aachen UniversityCopyright: Martin Braun
RWTH Aachen introduced parking management in 2011. This means that anyone who wishes to park in a University parking lot or garage must have a parking permit.
- +49 241 80 94116
- Send Email
Who Can Acquire a Parking Permit?
Essentially all individuals, who are allowed to acquire a Job Ticket, are allowed to acquire a parking permit.
Additionally, all the following individuals can also acquire a parking permit:
- RWTH Aachen employees not allowed to have a Job Ticket, such as enrolled employees entitled to the Semester Ticket
- Students and student and scientific assistants
- Employees of other institutions, whose workplace is in RWTH Aachen buildings and exercise university related responsibilities there
- Employees of RWTH Aachen Affiliated Institutes, who have made all of the surrounding space at the Affiliated Institute available as RWTH Aachen parking space
- Senior citizens completing studies for parking zone U
- Scholarship recipients
- University institutions for their guests
- Students attending bridge courses
Disabled employees and students and senior citizen students should first contact Representative Council for Staff with Disabilities to learn about their parking rights.
Open-ended parking permits for RWTH employees whose employment contract goes beyond June 30, 2019 will also automatically be extended until December 31, 2020 by the system. If your employment contract terminates before this date however, your permit will be valid until the end date of your contract at the very latest.
Employees of affiliated institutes and other external employees are excluded from this. You must apply for a new parking permit and will specifically be informed of this.
There are different parking zones. Your right to use the various zones depends on the location of your office:
- If your office is located in Campus Mitte, that is Parking Zone C, you are allowed to use your parking permit to park in Parking Zones C and U. Here is a map of Parking Zone C.
- If your office is located in the area surrounding Parking Zone T, you are also allowed to park in zones C and U.
- RWTH parking available outside of these parking zones is assigned to Parking Zone U.
Use the RWTH Navigator to view the parking zones throughout the University's campuses. Just open the settings menu in the upper left and click on Show Parking Zones.
The parking permit is free of charge for those who already have a Job Ticket. All other individuals eligible for the parking permit must pay a fee to obtain it.
The minimum duration is six months. If there are less than six months between the time of application and when your contract ends, you can apply for the parking permit for less than six months.
Prices for 2019
The following charges for RWTH parking permits are effective from January 1, 2019:
|Type of Permit||Price|
|Parking permit||9 euros per month|
|Visitor parking permit||9 euros per month|
|Conference tickets||9 euros per day|
|Package of conference tickets for celebratory events
(package of 20 tickets)
|Workman parking permits||9 euros per day
54 euros per month
324 euros per year
An online form is available to apply for the parking permit. You will need your TIM ID and password. After the application has been processed your parking permit will be sent to your personal address.
Please note: You can specify up to three license plate numbers when you apply for the parking permit. Your parking permit authorizes you to park with corresponding vehicles. If you are using a rental car, please check the box Mietfahrzeug when applying.
Online Application and Security Information
Your data is safely transferred through a https connection. However use of the form and entering person information, such as account information, in an unsecured environment such as internet cafés, cell phones, or public WIFI is bound to security risks.
The individual submitting the application assumes responsibility for these risks.
We recommend using a RWTH Aachen VPN or a computer with the RWTH Aachen network.
Control of Parking Areas
The division ensures surveillance over the entire parking area. All parking areas are controlled at least once a day at random times. Parking area control is conducted by employees of RWTH Aachen.
If you do not possess valid authorization to park, your vehicle will be towed by a company contracted by RWTH Aachen.
Place your parking permit in a visible field of your windshield so that the reading devices can capture the data accordingly.
All Applications for Parking Permits (de)
Here you will find a table with all of the application forms for the various parking permits, such as for students, employees, and guests. This table is only available within the RWTH network.
- Application for a Company Parking Permit (de) (dot: 82 kb)
- Application for Parking Permits for Professors Emeritus (de) (dot: 110 kb)
- Antrag auf Parkausweis für An-Institute und RWTH nahe Einrichtungen (docx: 89 kb)
- Parking Lot Regulations (de) (pdf: 56 kb)
- All Parking Zones (de) (pdf: 5520 kb)
- Mitte Parking Zones (de) (pdf: 782 kb)
- Hörn Parking Lots (de) (pdf: 1017 kb)
- Melaten Parking Zones (de) (pdf: 4665 kb)
- Laurensberg Parking Zones (de) (pdf: 550 kb)
- Map of Special Parking Lots and Visitor Parking Lots (de) (pdf: 655 kb)
- Overview of Handicap Parking Spots at RWTH Aachen (de) (pdf: 67 kb)
- General Terms and Conditions for Student Parking Permits (de) (pdf: 297 kb)
- Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen Parkausweise für RWTH-nahe-Einrichtungen (de) (pdf: 326 kb)
- Manual: Deactivate Popup Blocker (pdf: 108 kb)